IN-HOME RESPITE CARE, SYDNEY AND NSW
Do you feel the need for respite from your role as carer? You’re not alone if you find it difficult to ask for support. Many carers carry on despite a crushing level of fatigue. They neglect to take holidays for years at a time. They miss important events because it’s difficult to leave the house. Their relationships with their loved ones feel strained. Their own needs are the last priority.
For the sake of your relationships and longevity as a carer, your own health and wellbeing is just as important as the health and wellbeing of the person you’re caring for. Private Care respite services make it stress-free to take a break. We give you as much or as little time you need, so that you can come back feeling refreshed and prepared – capable of being more present with your loved one.
24-HOUR CARE DESIGNED AROUND YOU
We meet with you, identify the health and personal needs of your loved one, and make sure you have the information you need to make informed choices about in-home respite options. We design a solution that suits yours and your loved one’s needs, and implement it the moment you need it. For more information, go to How Private Care Services are Tailored to Suit You.
RESPITE CARE THAT IS RESPONSIVE TO YOUR CHANGING NEEDS
We accommodate your needs at Private Care, by improvising and adjusting support combinations to remain in step with changes and emergencies.
- Home from hospital program
- Mobility and transfers
- Personal care from trained and experienced carers
- Specialised nursing care from trained and experienced registered nurses
- Ongoing support and advice to carers
- Liaison and cooperation with medical and allied health professionals
- Ongoing, active supervision from an experienced, registered nurse care coordinator
- 24-hour back-up from an on-call registered nurse
You don’t have to do everything. With assisted living services, you have more time to relax or spend time with friends and family:
- General housekeeping
- Domestic services
- Meal preparation
- Community activities
- Transport to doctors, specialists, and allied health care
The duration of respite care is completely flexible and depends on your needs:
- Live-in or 24-hour care
- Casual or infrequent care
- Daily through to weekly care
- Overnight care
Read more detail about the duration of services here.
A family-owned, Australian company, Private Care has provided respite care for clients since 1977. In this time, we have gained status as an industry leader. Our services are fully insured, our nurses, AINs and carers meet national training standards and have undergone careful screening and police checks. An important part of our service (which sets us apart from other home care providers) is the ongoing, active supervision from an experienced registered nurse care coordinator who has a capped case load lower than the industry standard.
MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR BUDGET
Private Care are the experts in health funding and can help you understand and get the most out of consumer-directed government funding. We also have many years of experience helping individuals and families navigate their way through the challenges and emotions of arranging private care, including providing complementary services your funding does not cover. Go to our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) page or call us today to discuss your individual situation on 1300 559 260.
WHERE ARE LIVE-IN SERVICES AVAILABLE?
- NSW regions: Sydney Metropolitan, Cumberland, the Illawarra, the Central Coast, Newcastle, the Hunter, the Southern Highlands and South Coast of New South Wales (NSW).
- Sydney: All suburbs. We have developed a reputation as the leading provider of aged care services to people in the Eastern Suburbs, North Shore, Northern Beaches, The Shire and the Hills District.