HOME NURSING CARE SERVICES, SYDNEY AND NSW
Home nursing services enable your loved one to recover from an operation or injury in the comfort of their own home. Services can be provided on a planned or emergency basis. We offer flexible, short-term and long-term nursing care options to suit the needs of your loved one.
Dealing with chronic illness, injury, surgery, disability or end of life can be physically challenging and mentally and emotionally draining. It is even worse when we age. We have less reserves of energy to deal with everyday challenges. Pain and fatigue impairs our ability to function and leaves us feeling isolated and anxious about the future.
We understand what you’re going through. With the right kind of home nursing services and personal care, we aim to improve your overall wellbeing and minimise your hospitalisations. This might include complex nursing care, healthy meal preparation, transport to physiotherapy or other health professionals, access to support groups, or more light activity and socialising.
NURSE HOME CARE DESIGNED AROUND YOUR LIFE
We meet with you and the significant people in your life, identify your health and personal care needs, and make sure you have the right information to make informed choices about your home care options. Then we work closely with you in designing a solution. For more information, go to How Private Care Services are Tailored to Suit You.
Common Home Nursing Needs:
- Aged care: support with medications, mobility and a variety of other needs for older people.
- Post-operative care: home nursing care to recover after surgery and monitor the transition home.
- Post-hospital care: home nursing care to monitor the transition home after being in hospital.
- Post injury care: home nursing care to recover after an injury.
- Rehabilitation support: home nursing care to help maintain independence and assist with rehabilitation after an injury or health problem.
- Palliative care: professional home nursing support to enable your loved ones to spend their last stages of life in the comfort of their own home.
- Dementia: home nursing support with medication and specialised needs for people with dementia.
- Parkinson’s Disease: home nursing care to assist with medication and specialised needs for people with Parkinson’s disease.
- Chronic Diseases: experienced nursing support for your loved ones coping on a daily basis with chronic life long disease.
Other conditions could include:
- cerebral palsy
- motor neuron disease
- multiple sclerosis
- huntington’s disease
- hespiratory disease
- heart disease
- cystic fibrosis
- gastrointestinal diseases
What to Expect
When you request in-home nursing services from Private Care:
- We listen
- We present options
- We work closely with your loved one, family members and health care professionals to plan what nursing services are suitable
- We develop a tailored nursing plan for you and update it as your condition or preferences change
NURSE HOME CARE THAT IS RESPONSIVE TO YOUR CHANGING NEEDS
At Private Care, we improvise and adjust the support combinations to remain in step with you and your needs. Some examples of home nursing options include:
- Home from hospital program
- Mobility and transfers
- Personal care from trained and experienced carers
- Specialised nursing care from trained and experienced registered nurses
- Ongoing support and advice to carers and loved ones
- Liaison and cooperation with doctors, specialists and allied health professionals
- Ongoing, active supervision from an experienced, registered nurse care coordinator
- 24-hour back-up from an on-call registered nurse
- Medication management
- Wound care
- Stoma care
- Continence care
- Complex nursing care
The duration of your service is completely flexible. Our generous, three-hour sessions might mean that you only need us once or twice a week. We’ll be guided by you and your needs:
- Live-in or 24-hour care
- Casual, respite or infrequent care
- Daily through to weekly care
- Overnight care
Read more detail about the duration of services here.
WHERE ARE HOME NURSING SERVICES AVAILABLE?
- NSW regions: Sydney Metropolitan, Cumberland, the Illawarra, the Central Coast, Newcastle, the Hunter, the Southern Highlands and South Coast of New South Wales (NSW).
- Sydney: All suburbs. We have developed a reputation as the leading provider of aged care services to people in the Eastern Suburbs, North Shore, Northern Beaches, The Shire and the Hills District.
Call Private Care on 1300 559 260 now for a free, no obligation, confidential and personal consultation.
We will discuss your circumstances, needs and preferences and offer services that are tailored to you.