IN-HOME PALLIATIVE CARE, SYDNEY AND NSW
Palliative care has become institutionalised and medicalised because end of life is a time of uncertainty. Families feel ill-equipped to deal with the needs of their dying loved ones; they’re concerned about controlling pain, unsure about how to provide personal and nursing care at home, and fearful of what to expect in the process.
Yet we all want the end of our lives to be a time of dignity and comfort, surrounded by loving family and closest friends. ‘Dying well’, to most Australians, means dying in the comfort of our own home. Despite this, more than 75 percent of us spend our last days in impersonal hospitals, hospices and nursing homes.
PALLIATIVE CARE DESIGNED WITH YOUR WISHES IN MIND
We spend time with you and the people who matter the most to you so that we can fulfil your last wishes and lead your loved ones gently through the experience. We provide insight into how your personal and medical needs will change over time and how we can best facilitate a peaceful, pain-free passing, surrounded by people you love in a home that contains memories you cherish. For more information, go to How Private Care Services are Tailored to Suit You.
PALLIATIVE CARE THAT IS RESPONSIVE TO YOUR CHANGING NEEDS
At Private Care, we improvise and adjust the support combinations to remain in step with your loved one’s changing needs.
- Home from hospital program
- Mobility and transfers
- Specialised care from carers and registered nurses who are fully trained in palliative care
- Flexible plans suited to your changing needs
- Medication administration
- Wound care and bedsore management
- Continence management
- Ongoing support and advice to loved ones
- Liaison and cooperation with family and palliative specialists
- Ongoing, active supervision from an experienced, registered nurse palliative care coordinator
- 24-hour back-up from an on-call registered nurse
Assisted living services provide a variety of additional support when times are tough:
- General housekeeping
- Domestic services
- Meal preparation
- Transport to doctors, specialists, and allied health care
The duration of your service is completely flexible. We fill in the gaps depending on how involved your loved ones wish to be. As your illness advances, your flexible care can increase:
- Live-in or 24-hour care
- Casual, respite or infrequent care
- Daily through to weekly care
- Overnight care
Read more detail about the duration of services here.
RESPITE SUPPORT FOR FAMILY AND CARERS
Private Care can arrange as little or as much respite as carers need, so that you can have a break. We are unobtrusive, experienced and friendly. Best of all, you won’t have to worry when you take time off to look after yourself. Click here to find out more about our respite services.
A family-owned, Australian company, Private Care has provided palliative care for over 30 years. In this time, we have gained status as an industry leader. Our services are fully insured, our nurses, AINs and carers meet national training standards and have undergone careful screening and police checks. An important part of our service (which sets us apart from other home care providers) is the ongoing, active supervision from an experienced registered nurse care coordinator who has a capped case load lower than the industry standard.
MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR BUDGET
Private Care are the experts in health funding and can help you understand and get the most out of consumer-directed government funding. We also have many years of experience helping individuals and families navigate their way through the challenges and emotions of arranging palliative care, including providing complementary, privately-funded services your funding does not cover. Go to our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) page or call us today to discuss your individual situation on 1300 559 260
WHERE ARE PALLIATIVE CARE SERVICES AVAILABLE?
- NSW regions: Sydney Metropolitan, Cumberland, the Illawarra, the Central Coast, Newcastle, the Hunter, the Southern Highlands and South Coast of New South Wales (NSW).
- Sydney: All suburbs. We have developed a reputation as the leading provider of aged care services to people in the Eastern Suburbs, North Shore, Northern Beaches, The Shire and the Hills District.
Contact Private Care for a no-obligation consultation today on 1300 559 260